Edgis is one of the core members of the Cyber Security Awareness Alliance of Singapore – the Alliance comprises representatives from the government, private enterprises, trade associations and non-profit organisations. As a collaborative body, the Alliance amalgamates efforts from its members by bringing together different strengths and resources. The aim of the Alliance is to:
- Build a positive culture of cyber security in Singapore, where cyber security becomes second nature for all infocomm users; and
- Promote and enhance awareness and adoption of essential cyber security practices for both the private and public sectors.
The Alliance is structured into 3 workgroups:
- Students Outreach;
- Community Outreach; and
- Enterprises Outreach.
Edgis is the appointed lead of the Students Outreach Workgroup. Other members of the Workgroup include: Palo Alto Networks (Co-Lead), Credit Bureau Singapore, NEC, PrivyLink, RSA, Singapore Police Force, and Symantec.
Events, Initiatives and Activities
The Student Outreach Workgroup reaches out to its target audiences by:
- Creating, developing and integrating of cyber security awareness content;
- Organising, supporting as well as sponsoring activities or events, e.g. seminars, talks, roadshows and training workshops; and
- Offering cyber security advices for user groups, including students, parents, teachers, community services.
Edgis’s Core Awareness Team
Lai Xin Chu